Saturday, May 1, 2010

What do I know about Real Estate? Not much apparently!




I recently took a very brief quiz from the National Association of Realtors about understanding today's home buyers and sellers. I scored 4 out of 11! Why am I telling you this? Because the market is constantly changing and we are striving to keep up with the wants and needs of buyers and sellers.

One question was "What was the most common incentive that sellers offered in the sale of the home?" I thought it would be closing costs, but I was wrong, it was a home warranty policy!

Another was "How long does the typical buyer search before purchasing a home?" It used to be pretty quick, but now I thought 8 weeks. WRONG! It is actually 12 weeks.

However I was right on 4 remember, and I think most importantly, "What service do buyers most often say they want from a Realtor?" being right on this "Finding the right home to purchase". Also "What service do sellers most often want from their Realtor?" of course, is "Pricing their home competitively".

So as I and my fellow Realtors continue to educate ourselves as to your needs and wants, know that understanding you, your timeframes, preferences and emotions, helps to make us better serve you. I am here, I can help!

Jane Loveday
Windermere Real Estate Agent
619-519-1615 Cell
http://janeloveday.com
http://www.facebook.com/realestatesandiego

No comments:

Post a Comment